GLOBAL ONE NEWS — Indonesian authorities have said as many as 100 people may still be trapped inside an illegal mine that collapsed last week of Feb.

Authorities said they could not identify how many people were inside the North Sulawesi mine when it caved in due to a landslide on Feb. 26.

National Disaster Spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said on Monday, Mar. 4 survivors gave varying estimates “because at the time there were many in the main pit and… an unknown number in the smaller ones.”

According to AFP, rescue operations had been complicated due to steep terrain, unstable soil and narrow mining shafts.

Rescuers were able to pull out from the rubble 19 survivors and nine dead bodies.

Mechanized diggers unclogged an entrance in one of the holes on Sunday, but no survivors were found.

Officials will continue rescue efforts this week but warned the chances of finding more survivors are slim.