GLOBAL ONE NEWS (G1) — A Chinese admiral has thrown a bold threat against the United States amid ongoing disputes on the East and South China Seas.
Rear Admiral Lou Yuan’s statement stirred concerns after his Dec. 20 speech at a 2018 military summit.
Lou said, “What the United States fears the most is taking casualties.”
The admiral was reportedly referring to China’s attack which could kill up to 10,000 U.S. crew by sinking two aircraft carriers.
The admiral appears to undermine U.S. aircraft carriers as it reportedly boasts a new and highly-capable anti-ship ballistic and cruise missiles.
He added, “We’ll see how frightened America is.”
It is not the first time the military official made an aggressive remark against countries involved in the territorial dispute.
Lou previously said, “Those who are trying to stir up trouble… should be careful about their future.”
Meanwhile, U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has since said consequences “will continue to come home to roost” if China will not “work more collaboratively.”