GLOBAL ONE NEWS (G1) — A little boy visiting his grandmother on New Year’s Day suffered a fatal allergic reaction to fish cooking.

And now 11-year-old Cameron Jean-Pierre’s parents are warning other families of the dangers.

[Steven]: “My son’s last words were ‘Daddy, I love you, daddy, I love you. He gave me two kisses on my face and just said, ‘I feel like I’m dying. I said don’t say that. What are you talking about? Don’t say that.”

The sixth grader’s mother told ABC News her son was visiting his grandmother to wish her Happy New Year.

She said, “When he inhaled the fish, I guess that triggered off an asthma attack and he couldn’t breathe.”

His father gave him his nebulizer and called the ambulance.

Cameron was pronounced dead at the hospital.

The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology warns people with fish allergies to “Stay out of areas where fish is being cooked, as proteins may be released into the air during cooking.”